Kreigh provides great information on the following questions about standardized testing:
- What is the difference between the ACT and SAT?
- What are the Explore, PLAN and the PSAT?
- How do I determine which test I should take?
- What is the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test?
- How do I determine my test prep plan?
- Should I prepare by studying on my own, in a prep class or with a private tutor?
Test prep books:The Official SAT Study Guide
The Real ACT Prep GuideResearch has found the following results for students that take the standardize tests more than once:55% improve their score
25% score remains the same
20% score dropsQuestions you should ask a tutor before you hire them:
- How many students have you worked with in the past year?
How many students have you worked with in your overall career?
- What percentage of students improve after working with you?
How many students improve by more than one point?
What percentage stay the same?
- Have you ever had a problem connecting with a student?
How was the situation resolved?
What if my student doesn’t feel like he/she is connected?
- As a tutor, do you focus on particular subjects, i.e. math?
What subjects are your strongest?
What subjects are your weakest?
Are there subjects you do not tutor?
- How do you charge for your services
Hourly or package price?
- Outside of college tests, do your tutoring /classes provide any additional benefits?
- When do you start working with students and what’s a typical timeline?
- Visit the official ACT website for a guide that helps SAT and ACT test takers understand the equivalent SAT and ACT test scores.
More about Kreigh Knerr
Kreigh’ s tutoring service includes QuotEd for Reading Comprehension.
This great tool was developed by Kreigh and is available on Android and iTunes. Every day QuotEd releases a question to strengthen your reasoning abilities for the reading comprehension sections of standardized tests…… right from the convenience of your phone!
- 1 brand new quotation and question each weekday
- Concise explanations of all answer choices
- Varying levels of difficulty
- Author and work for each of QuotEd’s quotations
- Bank of quotations to memorize for exam essays or to look up for your admissions essays
- A 10-question quiz mode for when you have time for more than the daily question
National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
A national, nonprofit membership organization with a primary focus on student aid legislation, regulatory analysis, and training for financial aid administrators.